Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paubea

cpm2a analog expansion module

11 posts in this topic

i am a student of industrial automation, can anybody help me,. i am having problems on the analog module,. when an analog voltage is input at a ff06 the plc gives the right hex representation,. but when i need to output only positive voltages are created and only mV of negative voltages,. if anybody could help i would very much appreciate it,. thank you,. godbless,. please email me: pauldanielvidal@yahoo.com

I hope this is a translation issue. You did not tell us what CPM2A analog module. Here is the manual on CPM1A-MAD11: W353_E1_3_Section_3_1_2_CPM1A_C_MAD11_.pdf

thanks it was the model that i was looking for^^, cpm2a, please dont thank my quotation seriously t was for myself^^, i'd like to tell it to myself very often to achieve my goals^^, thank you very much,.

From Private Message this afternoon:

There is no right or wrong with PLC programming, as long as it works. There are many ways to achieve the same functionality in a program. It depends on the programmer. In an old C20 with very limited memory I used counters for compares because I was able to save a word each time. Allowed me to add some more program. Thankfully no such problems with memory these days if you pick the right processor for the job.

personally I think the problems in the workforce are easier than the ones from a college professor. I say this because in class they are trying to teach a concept so they want you to use what they are teaching. In the workforce you can program whatever mehod you want as long as it works correctly 100% of the time. I have no experience with programming any PLC's except Omron ones, but from talking to others I know, they say, "if you can learn to program Omron, you will be a better programmer and will be able to program any other type of PLC if faced with it." Also, the more you program, the easier it gets and the more powerful your programs become. This website is an amazing tool because even the age old experts learn new ways of doing things that are sometimes easier than what they were going to do. That is the key in my opinion -- never stop learning. If you keep an open mind to trying new things with your programming you will find many ways of doing almost any task. I find when I am programming, I look at it as making an all-powerful magic-box. I ask as many questions as i can about what the customer wants to put into the box now and in the future. (this is your inputs, your communications, cameras, etc...) Then I ask as many questions as I can about what they expect to see after they dump things into the box. (this is your outputs, your results, your communications again, controling motors, etc...) By writing down all this stuff, I now have my symbol table halfway done. As long as they get what they want out of my box, based on what they put into it, nothing else matters. That is why I like programming. nobody can tell me how to do what I do, and nobody bothers to try as long as my box works its magic.

Chris, the others that you've talked with obviously haven't had to deal with Siemens - - and fortunately, I've only had a brief go with them - boy, it's murder. Totally agree with your Magic Box theory. Regards anonymous

thanks for the advices^^, anonymous,. is siemens really difficult? is it still difficult even if you know how to use omron? i really love programming specially ladder programming,. we had a group project last month and fortunately we finished it right on time,. probably projects which we handle now are far too easy for the ones who work like you^^, but i still want to learn new things and programming skills,. i always want to see/do something different everytime i program,. hehe,. i just hope my girlfriend and i can catch up to siemens,. our professor had told us that we'll be dealing with siemens in the future,. for now we'll improve our programming with omron plc's^^, thanks

I want a girlfriend for my programming partner, too.