Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobB

CX-One

7 posts in this topic

Just received my copy of CX-One yesterday. Upgrade from CX-Programmer V5 was very reasonable in price to get the lot. Went to site today to commission 3 Device Net loops in a building. After the usual trauma with a new version of software (it does not look or work the same as the last version), I foung Integrator to be really good for setting up Device Net loops. Commissioned the 3 loops in 3 hours while still coming to terms with the way the new software works. The integrated package works very well so far. Only complaint is that in integrator one cannot rename "NewProject" to something more meaningful. Great to be able to set up all networks and serial ports, routing tables etc in one place. Love the detection and setting up of ports on the PLC. Did not realise that V6 of CX-Programmer was out. It is included in CX-One. Great to see that V6 now correctly recognises CJ1 analogue cards. Removes an area of confusion for newbies, and oldies like me. Love the spreadsheet style set ups for analogue cards etc. Looking forward to more adventures as time passes. Unfortunately, I am unlikely to get involved with temperature controllers, servos etc. One day, maybe. By the way Jay, does the driver for the old Device Net PCMCIA card work with the new software? Imagine it would, thank heavens. Edited by BobB

Yust have a look at: http://www.cx-one.com

BobB, you now know more about CX-One than I do!

I agree, I am loving the CX-One Software. I will have to look today, but there is a way to change the CX-Integrator from "new Project" to something else, I just cant remember off the top of my head since I have been using NS-Designer 6.2 (in cx-one) more than I have been using integrator this week. One of the things I like the best is the fact that if your network is set up between all of your devices (I am using Ethernet) That everything flows easilly from one device to the next due to one software talking to everything now. It also makes it a lot easier to be connected to more than one device through the same Serial Port than it was before with having to run CX-Server and CX-Programmer and NS-Designer and.... EDIT: I checked, to change the project name in CX-Integrator, go to View>Properties>Project Name (name cannot have spaces) Edited by ChrisKozanecki

What are the specs. for using CPU's SCU41, DRM etc. with CX-One. I have a CJ1M_23, SCU21 and 41 (with 10 * E5CN) and DRM21 witch are +/- 8 mounths old. Do you need the latest hardware versions or does it work with older parts also.

I know it will work with the hardware you have listed. Now, dont quote me on this, but I believe anything that can be programmed in CX-P 5.0 can be programmed in CX-One. I was told what won't be able to be done, but I cannot remember off the top of my head. It was only two types of old legacy PLC's.

CX-One will support all CS/CJ units old and new, however some of the 'Smart Platform' (eg smart function block, smart active parts) features will not be available with older units (serial gateway is only available on the latest SCU/SCB - V1 models, only DRT2 devicenet units support 'smart platform' functionality). However you can still configure all the older units no problem. CX-P V6.0 does make it easier for newbies to configure all special I/O, and CPU bus units, this includes analogs. CX-P V6.0 also supports nested function blocks, CX-P V5.0 did not. It also makes it easier to monitor the FB instances on line. I only noticed the other day (cool feature) that the NS series HMI supports dynamic addressing. (address + dynamic offset) This makes it possible to re-use popups and address the PLC dynamically at run time. They offsets can be manipulated either by the PLC or by the HMI itself. Has anyone else used this? Nibroc