Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shankar Rao

Gx Works 2

6 posts in this topic

Hello Experts

Can someone please guide on how to modify existing program, in Gx Works 2,  for a testing machine

In this machine, component is clamped and indexed for 0 degree and 10 degrees - we only need to bypass this function by retaining other functions of logic as is

Regards

That entirely depends on the program in the PLC, and you will need someone familiar with programming to make any modifications.

On 29/3/2024 at 9:56 PM, Shankar Rao said:

Hello Experts

Can someone please guide on how to modify existing program, in Gx Works 2,  for a testing machine

In this machine, component is clamped and indexed for 0 degree and 10 degrees - we only need to bypass this function by retaining other functions of logic as is

Regards

Hello Experts, 

Please refer to attached PLC

It is a testing machine, in which Gripper clamps a part of assembly then indexes that part  to 0 degree or 10 degreed depending upon the type of component (LH/RH) & then gripper gets declamped.

We need to bypass gripper clamp/declamp and index to 0 degree/10 degree by keeping rest of the functions as is

Please find below few of our observations in the program :

Auto sequence : 

Rung Number 57 to 61 is to move indexing cylinder to 10 degree - request to suggest on how to by pass this - our understanding is that gMseqST is a state flag and one starting with gMseqTR is the transition flag, with a state flag an action command will be set eg command to index cylinder to 10 degree in this case, 
feedback of that action command, thro M16,  will generate the transition flag, which will be used to reset its own state flag thro NC contact gMseqTR in rung 60 to reset gMseqST - if our understanding is correct then kindly suggest on how to bypass index to 10 degree ?

gMseqST is setting M2002 in rung 114, M2002 is there in rung 35 of Cylinder module - we have no idea about functioning of this Cylinder module

Regards

EOLT_UPLOADED_BACKUP (Add or Subtraact 0.4mm).gx3

Posted (edited)

It is GxWorks3 not GxWorks2. 

If I was you, I would call original programmer and pay him to do it.

Edited by Goran Vuckovic

On 29/3/2024 at 9:56 PM, Shankar Rao said:

Thanks for your response, actually we are not able to locate original programmer as he left and join elsewhere

This program is relatively not simple, it is not to complicated, but definitely requires someone who lives from Mitsubishi PLC programming. If original programmer is not available, I would try to contact Mitsubishi India and ask them for recommendation of it's partner company. For example,  my company, in my country would charge around 2000$, with visit to the plant in circle of 100km to do it.

1 person likes this