vanquangtk

Connecting to Multiple HMI-GP Pro

8 posts in this topic

Helllo everyone

I need to connect multiple HMI-GP Pro (each HMI control different PLC) via ethernet.

May anyone show me how to set up the connection, please.

Edited by vanquangtk
Grammar mistake

That is not an Omron product and I haven't used one of those in quite some time. Assuming you want to connect to an Omron PLC (C series, CP/CJ) then you'll need to see if the HMI supports Omron FINS protocol for an Ethernet connection. Connecting multiple HMIs shouldn't be problem as long as each device has a unique IP address. FINS node will be the last octet in the IP address. No PLC setup should be necessary. You'll just need to know the IP / FINS node.

Note, you may see a Host Link protocol available. This is for RS232C/RS422 connections.

12 minutes ago, IO_Rack said:

That is not an Omron product and I haven't used one of those in quite some time. Assuming you want to connect to an Omron PLC (C series, CP/CJ) then you'll need to see if the HMI supports Omron FINS protocol for an Ethernet connection. Connecting multiple HMIs shouldn't be problem as long as each device has a unique IP address. FINS node will be the last octet in the IP address. No PLC setup should be necessary. You'll just need to know the IP / FINS node.

Note, you may see a Host Link protocol available. This is for RS232C/RS422 connections.

I'm sorry for post it in Omron. I can connect PLC with HMI via ethernet. But I alos want to  connect those HMI via ethernet (not master -slave relation) so that I can transfer value from PLC to PLC. I search in GP Pro manual, but there are only 2 method: connect one PLC to multiple HMI or connect one HMI to multiple PLC

Edited by vanquangtk

38 minutes ago, vanquangtk said:

so that I can transfer value from PLC to PLC

What does the HMI have to do with this?  Comms between PLCs would typically be in the ladder logic of one or both, with various messaging techniques directly between them.

20 minutes ago, pturmel said:

What does the HMI have to do with this?  Comms between PLCs would typically be in the ladder logic of one or both, with various messaging techniques directly between them.

HMI observes some signal of PLC which it controls. Then I will use D-Script function to inform for another HMI (if they can communicate via ethernet)

41 minutes ago, vanquangtk said:

to inform for another HMI

Sounds fragile.  Why can the other HMI not monitor that same PLC info?

1 minute ago, pturmel said:

Sounds fragile.  Why can the other HMI not monitor that same PLC info?

It is interlock signal. I prefer HMI than wiring

1 minute ago, vanquangtk said:

I prefer HMI than wiring

That's just insane, in my not-so-humble opinion.

1 person likes this