robbd86

Cx designer and ns runtime

6 posts in this topic

Hi all

Currently having a communication issue between ns runtime and CP2E. I can ping both the PLC and computer the ns runtime will be installed on and i can ping the PLC from the computer with ns runtime. However when i load up ns runtime i get the timeout error. I believe it must be a setting on my part as i get the same issue when i try to run the simulator. See below for my set up. Hopefully it is something small i have missed. I also tried to use Fins with the same outcome. 

Appreciate any help on this.

Image previewGetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADViMGI4YjGetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADViMGI4Yj

1 hour ago, robbd86 said:

See below for my set up. Hopefully it is something small i have missed. I also tried to use Fins with the same outcome. 

Appreciate any help on this.

Image previewGetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADViMGI4YjGetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADViMGI4Yj

Not sure if its a problem my end but can't see any images on your post.

1 hour ago, chelton said:

Not sure if its a problem my end but can't see any images on your post.

1 hour ago, chelton said:

Hi Chelton

No i have just checked think its my fault will try to re-add them. I have attached this time instead

Untitled2.png

untitled1.png

Untitled.png

CJ2M Built-in Ethernet connected to NS by FINS - Tech and Application Notes - Forums.MrPLC.com

I've never used NS Runtime but the communication settings look the same as the NS touch screens. Try the above connection procedure from Omron tech support. This is to configure the FINS Network settings on the PLC.

1 person likes this

Yes as per the doc @IO_Rack provided you will need to modify the routing table on the plc, and put the ethernet port onto network 1. Default is 0.

Happy new year chaps. sorry for the delay in coming back to you. I will try this today. Cheers