Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shankar Rao

Micrologix 1400 PLC

5 posts in this topic

Hello Experts

Fault LED is blinking in Red in Allen Bradley Micro Logix 1400 PLC

Can someone please advice on how to fix this & probable reasons ?

Can trial version of communicating software be downloaded?

You need a minimum of RSlogix Micro Starter, it is also the cheapest way to work with any Micrologix PLC. (That is what I use) When I was installing my copy, before I activated it it did have a trial period, but it will show as RSLogix 500. Once I activated, it "became" Micro Starter. You do have to use the software to see why the PLC faulted.

1 person likes this

Thank you for your swift response

We could fix the problem. Please find below observations and action

PLC was found in Remote same moved to Run mode (thanks to this group for getting this clue), still none of the outputs were getting ON.

External service provider reloaded the backup and then control got ON.

Machine was in use since last thursday, wondering how program got deleted, also thinking if something I did wrong in changing over from Remote to Run

Request feedback

Some faults will cause the PLC to erase the program in memory. Without going online with the software while the fault is active, it's hard to be more specific.

The 1400 has an LCD screen where you can navigate to "Monitoring" and select file #2, which is processor status.  You can then look at individual words. Word s:6 is your major error code. I've never used the LCD to diagnose an issue since it's easier with the software so I don't know if the LCD still works when the processor is faulted, but that's where I would go if I didn't have a license.

1 person likes this