Craig McCanada

DataLamp (NA5) HMI - (NX) PLC - Sysmac

32 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, IO_Rack said:

No, they won't. 

The quick and dirty method would be to program the button in the PLC as an output with an "R". (Right click and choose Reset Instruction). However, I don't recommend that.

I would make the buttons momentary. Latch your Action bit in the PLC. "S". (Right click and choose Set Instruction). Wait for the Feedback to Reset the Action bit. Use the Action bit as VisualFeeback in your button.

The idea here is to keep all the logic and logical decisions in the PLC. This is just my opinion and recommendation. There are many ways to program the same thing. I think this method makes it easier to troubleshoot since you can see all the actions in the PLC. The HMI is simply visualization of the actions in PLC.

What do you mean by "Latch your Action Bit in the PLC"?

I don't know exactly what your program is doing but it looks like you are sending a PLC output signal to a camera and the camera is responding to a PLC input. In any case, here are two examples of simple latching circuits. 

The HMI push buttons are momentary. The feedback can possibly be the input from the camera if my assumption is correct. Or whatever ends your process.

MrPLC_LatchExamples.JPG.7e82b007fa8c77da

I think I understand now, so say if I were to use Latch Example 1 I would create those set of rungs for each of the 12 momentary buttons?

Edited by Craig McCanada

I don't know. You would have to explain what your application is doing. Your original program shows 12 buttons and 1 camera. I assume there is more to it than that.

If I have a mechanical push button (N.O.) in my application, would I have to display it in my PLC program?

I have a push button that I'm planning on using to trigger a smart camera to run it's program, so I want to hook it up from my Output_Bit_00 (once it has been set) from the PLC to the cameras trigger wire. 

Edited by Craig McCanada

8 minutes ago, Craig McCanada said:

If I have a mechanical push button (N.O.) in my application, would I have to display it in my PLC program?

I have a push button that I'm planning on using to trigger a smart camera to run it's program, so I want to hook it up from my Output_Bit_00 (once it has been set) from the PLC to the cameras trigger wire. 

Any physical input or output that you want to use needs to be in your program so you can configure what it does.

1 hour ago, photovoltaic said:

Any physical input or output that you want to use needs to be in your program so you can configure what it does.

Ok, thank you