Olly_J

GT Designer3 How to draw overlaying objects

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,  Does anyone know how to draw a simple "Figure" such as a rectangle and put it on top of an existing "Object" in GT Designer 3 (GT2000)?

This sounds easy and I can do this in any number of other HMI software packages but Mitsubishi GT Designer3 doesn't behave like other HMI packages and it doesn't work by just grabbing a rectangle, having it occupy the same 2D space as the existing object and clicking "Send to Front", or "Send to Back" etc.

For example, below is a screenshot of a Bit Lamp and a rectangle. I sent the Bit Lamp to the  "Back of the Back Layer" which to me means it should be hiding behind the rectangle. I also sent the rectangle to the "Front Layer" and the "Front". Either of which should cover the Bit Lamp. Doesn't work.....Very frustrating....

65303a57b727d_Screenshot2023-10-18160429

Does anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks

Edited by Olly_J
Unnecessary image2

Which GOT grahic version are you runniing ?

You can find this under GOT Type Setting

Under System/Type Setting I am seeing:

Graphics Setting: GOT Graphic Ver. 1

Go for Graphic ver. 2

You can check the differences in de e-manual viewer

Edited by Gambit

Thanks but no change. Still no "Stacking Order" functions work regardless of Graphic version.

However, I did finally get it to work. I had to turn on the Lamp Feature/"Use lamp attribute" check box on the rectangle and put SM400 to make it always ON:

LampFeature.png.6f5f4b8365bbda0261506e4a

Then the rectangle started to behave in accordance with the Stacking options...I don't understand why this is but it will have to do for now.

OOOOOO 

your rectangle was just a shape and not a lamp so it was drawing it behind your lamp to try and be helpful. 

Yeah, silly me...I though the person designing the screen got to decide which object goes where, especially when seemingly offered the option to do so...But I guess any software package is annoying when you don't know how to deal with its quirks. I am getting there, it seems I have this one figured out. On to the next one...

1 person likes this