Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xunilbama

License for RSLogix 500

9 posts in this topic

I have an activation certificate for RSLogix 500 Offline/Online Programming Software, Ver. 9.00.00. I have the software activated, but one of the programs I am trying to look over is telling me that I need a higher version to go any further. Is it possible that I can download a higher version - say 12.00.01 and use the same serial I would for version 9.00.00 ? 

You'll need a Rockwell support contract...but first...what PLC is it?

You'll probably have to get the download from Rockwell, but yes, the license should work.

2 minutes ago, TimWilborne said:

A majority of the PLCs we have at lift stations are either MicroLogix 1200s or MicroLogix 1400's. We have mixed variety here at the wastewater treatment plant. We have some SLC 5's, PLC 5's, and 1 or 2 ControlLogix's. I've been going through all of our saved programs trying to sort what's what...I came across this RSS file, open it - expect it to open just like any other file that points to version 9.00.00. I get a message telling me it needs a higher version. I went to the Rockwell Automation Downloads portion of the website. I went through the entire spill of trying to grab the RSLogix 500 software. The latest I could download according to a serial number entry was 9.00.00. The drop down box would not allow me to go any higher. 

** Update ** 

Pictures help everyone :-)

Download_RA.jpg

Avail_Download_RA.jpg

Avail_SW_RA.jpg

16 minutes ago, TimWilborne said:

I knew I noticed that name - I appreciate all the knowledge your YouTube channel provides. I can not get enough of those videos. 

That's interesting. When I type in my serial number and activation it gives me the same catalog number but I can go to v12.  I'd reach out to your distributor. Or you can put in an activation support request. They will should be able to tell you what's going on. I've had generally good results with their activation support, but have had mixed results from their other support areas.

You will need to purchase an extension to that serial number's support contract.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, pturmel said:

You will need to purchase an extension to that serial number's support contract.

I was hoping that would not be the case, but thank you for your input.