Stampy

RSLogix 500 OTE not behaving correctly

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I am supporting a system which runs on a SLC 500 (1747-L532). A fault has developed whereby the output state of some digital outputs do not change within the ladder logic. Basically, on a rung, an XIO controls an OTE. When the XIO is high the OTE should be also high, however the OTE is not changing state. The OTE is only used on this 1 rung within the program and the routine is being scanned. I have trended the XIO bit to confirm no oscillation and at a trend refresh rate I cannot see any change of state. The XIO is controlled via a compare instruction which is stable.

I have plugged out the comms to the machine HMI to confirm nothing is being written from the HMI that may be causing the issue. I have also tried another processor from spares but issue remains. 

Is there something very simple I could be missing here?

All suggestions appreciated. 

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.ef9834a03ad0df2ca

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

You're showing three ladder files: File 2, File 28, and Pumps. Are you sure that all three of those are being scanned? Are there JMP/LBL or MCR sets being used in File 2 or Pumps? You're sure you've saved any recent edits and the Cross Reference Report is up to date; no sneak bits lingering further downstream writing a zero back to the output after this rung has been scanned?

Just for grins, create a temporary branch rung around the existing XIO N30:6.8. On the new branch, grab an unused B3, put it on an XIC, and manually toggle it. Probably won't make a difference but that will point more directly back at code scans being the likely problem. 

It's been a minute but I believe the Logix500 has "Test single scan" and "test step" modes where you can run the code one full scan at a time, or step through code the code one rung at a time. If it's not something obvious that we can't see from your pics, you might try that to see where you're getting hung up. 

Hope this helps. 

Post the .rss file. 

also check you cross ref and make sure you don't have a mov or clr of O:6 or O:6.0