Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abdul Wajid

Data Block storage in simulation mode

10 posts in this topic

Hi... Folks

In DB, I have entered PV as 10, but in simulation, it's showing previous value 2 in monitor section.  Why it can't able to update as 10?

Whether i have to use a real hardware to achieve as required?

See the screenshot in simulation mode as uploaded

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-07-13 004339.jpg

DB Screenshot 2023-07-13 004505.jpg

If I have understood, you have entered the "start value." A start value won't become live until you stop and start the plc/simulation. You can modify the live value by monitoring/going online. You will then have an extra column.

10 hours ago, NewVeganic said:

If I have understood, you have entered the "start value." A start value won't become live until you stop and start the plc/simulation. You can modify the live value by monitoring/going online. You will then have an extra column.

It's not showing any changes in value even triggering stop & start plc simulation again n again. The value would only change from monitor section. It seems like the simulation doesn't show any effect for data block set values.

Thanks

2 hours ago, NewVeganic said:

Are you pressed the "monitor all" button

🕶️

PXL_20230715_094122334.jpg

Yes, i pressed monitor all button in DB section..... it's not showing the start value in the simulation mode. Actually i need to know how the simulation can be updated as start value? whether it needs the real hardware to store and update it from the counter DB?

Thanks

Have you re-initialised the DB ?

Re-initialized means whether i have to click on "load start values as initial value"?

After clicking on it, the value which is in DB will get transfer to the monitor value. But we have to click it every time to load the start value if we have to edit the value if required.

It seems like this is the only way to change the value. Is there any other way without clicking on load start value?

Thanks

11 hours ago, Abdul Wajid said:

It seems like this is the only way to change the value.-  Wrong - this is the only way if you change the start value in the DB

Is there any other way without clicking on load start value? -Yes, see below.

1.thumb.PNG.0e4b88bf110d593e89978517a9a0

This is the DB shown "OFFLINE", now go online and monitor the values.

2.PNG.b42e56bb3117549d7aad8c46055dd2d8.P

Now right click on the monitor value and select modify operand3.PNG.365d1c5d649c4498571ed31403b871fe.P

In this example I entered 15

4.thumb.PNG.b9f379bbf5e9d2f16b12e919eddb

As you can see the actual value is now 15, but the start value is still 10 - as it is its "initial value"

The program will use 15 (ie the monitor value).

Thanks moggie for the clarification. was bit confused with start value & monitor value. So it seems like any changes in the program PT values would be directly concerned with monitor value.

Just remember that if you modify the monitor value and then YOU re-initialize the DB then the "START VALUE" will becomes active again.

ie the "Start value" is moved into the "Monitor value".

1 person likes this