Wes Gifford

Replace contact with horz connector

9 posts in this topic

I have a program with several hundred rungs which contain an unnecessary contact . I would like to replace all of them with "nothing'. Inserting a false "No_Coil" or "Always On" is possible but not very professional. Is there an appropriate "Replace With" symbol to yield a horizontal connector??

Any ideas, please

Just delete it.  The rung will reshape accordingly.  (There is no instruction corresponding to your description.  Such are only needed when logic is constrained to a grid.)

Delete rung by rung or is there a 'edit all' method?

52 minutes ago, Wes Gifford said:

Delete rung by rung or is there a 'edit all' method?

To answer your question it would be helpful to know which PLC and Software you're working with.

RSLogix5, RSLogix 500, RSlogix 5000/Studio 5000 and Connected Components Workbench all have slightly different "mass edit" methods available.

2 people like this

Normally I would export to either .L5K or .L5X format, and use a smart text editor to perform the search (for a complete instruction) and replace (with an empty string).  Then import back in.

1 person likes this

On 7/12/2023 at 8:25 AM, pturmel said:

Normally I would export to either .L5K or .L5X format, and use a smart text editor to perform the search (for a complete instruction) and replace (with an empty string).  Then import back in.

I would highly second this approach.  

When I worked for an OEM some years ago we had many stock code snippets stored in Excel and could build most of a system in a few minutes by merging snippets.

exactly