mati999414

NX1P2 connection with G9SP via Ethernet

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to connect NX1P2 and G9SP via Ethernet. I use CM-EIP-1 for G9SP. The connection works fine, but when I disconnect the ethernet cable, the bits that were high remain high state.

Is there any way to automatically reset the transferred data when the connection is interrupted?

I think its a problem on how you stransmit the bits and store them . because for me if the connection is gone the high bits are gone  could you share how you get them? you could use a alive bit blinking 1s puls with a on delay timer of a few seconds if the timer does not reset the connection is gone. 

In the Ethernet/IP Connection Settings > Tag Set section > Check the Output at Fatal Error column. It should be set to 'Cleared'.

1 person likes this

On 2.06.2023 at 1:53 PM, IO_Rack said:

In the Ethernet/IP Connection Settings > Tag Set section > Check the Output at Fatal Error column. It should be set to 'Cleared'.

I set this option, but nothing change.

On 2.06.2023 at 10:29 AM, mike_cheesehead said:

I think its a problem on how you stransmit the bits and store them . because for me if the connection is gone the high bits are gone  could you share how you get them? you could use a alive bit blinking 1s puls with a on delay timer of a few seconds if the timer does not reset the connection is gone. 

I used the attached pdf to create the connection.

infoplc_net_G9SP_Ethernet_IP_NJ5_Rev1.pdf

I dug into this a little, I don't think what you are trying to do is possible. There are system bits you could use to detect a connection loss and then execute a clear instruction on the input data when it is lost. 1 line of code for a simple fix. In the example picture I assumed the G9SP is 192.168.250.20, yours may differ.

Capture.PNG