Sd.Kfz.182

Devicenet net fault

5 posts in this topic

We have (6) separate machines having logix v20.1 and devicenet 1756-DNB on each talking to E3 plus overloads. My question is where in the program do you select for the devicenet scanner to fault or not fault and shut down all nodes when one has lost communication with the scanner? When the individual machines were set up half will remain running if a node faults and the others will shut down all devices when a single node has lost comms with the scanner. This makes it difficult to replace an E3 on a non critical fan with the machine in operation. I am wanting the scanner to show me red in the mod/net but stay online. Maybe easy but new to me , thanks. 

You need to use RSNetworx for DeviceNet to configure the scanner.  The settings are not accessible from RSLogix.

We do but nowhere in there is a place to check or uncheck "fault scanner when a node loses communication"

We've done messages to inhibit and un-ihibit the scanner.  Done the same this to inhibit and un-inhibit individual nodes.  The issue comes that the scanner card must be idle or not enabled for scan.  Even through Networx, I think to modify a node requires the the PLC to be in Program Mode.  In Logix, the faulting of the card can be setup to fault the entire controller, but I don't think that's what you are looking for either.

Not seeing a way for you to accomplish your task.

Check on a machine that shuts down when one node fails and see if the node(s) aren't configured to fault the Processor.

Then check on the machine where things keep running and either the node(s0 aren't configured to fault the Processor and/or the E3's are configured to retain last state when comms are lost.