Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shehoxs

Fun49 forPassword not safe

9 posts in this topic

Hi, At now fun49 for password not safe in my country Omron in indonesia can craking without clear memory or UM (leadder). more my ledder can copy to other PLC Please help me to fine other system Pasword for protect my program. Best regards Yossy

Please explain more in detail.

Are u mean that your plc is c series and password break by other person and copy to others plc?

Hi: You need to change to CQM1H to prevent brute force with your password. Bye, Melin

All PLCs in C series is protected by the same way. Even crackers can also crack and read your password easily if you still use them. To prevent this, you should use and convert your program to CJ1M/CJ1 series. The password is set by CX-Programmer, instead of FUN49.

Absolutly yes, like buaya asked. and PLC is Cseries CQM1 CPU21. So how to protect used other special fungtion, for safe my ladder with C series PLC. Thanks your Attention, and help me

If someone has the time and / or patience (or VB / C++ routine) to crack the password, then there is very little that can be done to stop this - it is after all only a 4 digit number. There is no other way (that I know of) to protect the program. As nguyenthanhcanh pointed out, the CJ / CS series use an 8 character alpha-numeric password. (Much more difficult to 'crack') - if program security is your primary concern, then I would certainly change to the CJ series - short of that, you could always seal up the PLCs comm ports with super-glue .

How about if someone using port monitoring program?