Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sergei Troizky

Set DH485 node# from ladder?

6 posts in this topic

Is there a way to set the Micrologix 1500 LRP Channel 1 node number on DH485 from the ladder? Just on PLC start, no change on the fly is necessary. I have several similar units on the network with identical program. The program can read the node number from group of inputs with permanent jumpers. The goal is to avoid redefining the channel configuration for each PLC when downloading the program to them.

The Dh-485 Node Address is contained in the low-byte of S:16 and the baud rate in the high-byte of S:16. You could try adding the contents of your Input register to S:16 on first scan. If I were going to do this though, I would use a dedicated expansion Input module, so I would be assured that the only bits that would ever be true are the bits I have jumpered to a voltage source for my node address.

Reanimating this old question. Mqvol's answer does not count. I can read manuals myself but I asked about Channel 1. Edited by Sergei Troizky

Ouch, coming off a bit harsh on the guy, don't you think..

I believe that since you bashed the first responder to your question, everyone else will be hesitant to answer. You usually get better responses with a carrot than a stick. Mgvol gave a valid answer, it just wasn't the one you wanted. So give the guy a break.

Sorry if I was rude! Did not mean nothing bad, just that the answer does not apply to my question.