horvatmiha

M221 & SoMachine Basic - ANALOG INPUT SCALING

10 posts in this topic

Hello!
I am new at PLC programming. I am using TM221CE16R PLC with TM3AI8 analog input module and SoMachine Basic v1.6. I am trying to scale analog input value. I am using 4-20 mA pressure sensor. I managed my wiring so that I get raw values in SoMachine Basic. But I don't know how to scale these values to usable values. My sensor works in range 0 - 16 bar. What is best way to get values? Is it PID function block or multioperand function block using equations to get range 0 - 16?

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance!

PID has nothing to do with scaling.

Thanks a lot for your replies. @Wasan, scale equations work great, also your program example is perfect. It's all clear to me. Thanks!

Wasan: Your example is very good, but could to explain to me why you convert to double word and floating?

To help me understand better. Thanks in advance

I have convert to DWORD and floating because if you use normal 16 bit word you can have maximum value at 65535 then I convert to Dword or float 32 bit to can have result more thn 65535 espicially when you multiply them You can use for dword if you need to only integer resule and float for accurancy for fraction.

Can HMI GXU3512 connect with altivar12HU22M2 with cables TCSMCNAM3M002PTCSMCNAM3M002P ?

i need help

im newbie

Edited by SaukiBullah

What about PID in M22

Can you get an example