Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billgo78

WindowsXP version

3 posts in this topic

Our company's IT department has decided that ALL computers must be upgraded to WindowsXP. I use a couple of laptops that run Windows98 and 2000pro. The newer software for PLC's and Robot applications run okay on XP but we still have some very old applications that run in a DOS shell, XP doesn't like this. A couple of examples are the old TI505's running TISOFT and RMC servos. There are some newer software packages available but the cost is Extremely high. I am resisting to upgrade my laptops until I find suitable software for XP. Any suggestions?

duel boot or use a boot disk talk to your systems admin. Normaly they are concerned with the OS you are using to check emails surf the web and the rest of that day to day stuff. Oh and if you use a boot disk make sure that your programs are installed on a seperate partition which is formatted using fat32 peace Edited by KinK

Get a copy of Microsoft Virtual PC. It will allow you to run virtual Win98 and DOS PCs in the WinXP environment. Serial port handling is excellent. Your Win2k applications should run fine in WinXp.