Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Henri

Omron C200H

4 posts in this topic

Oupsss,...... I should have done this in english: I bougth a second hand Omron C200H including SYSWIN 3.4 Apparently it was running on Win.95. My PC is running on Win XP and has 250 GB hard drive and 2 MB RAM The Syswin program start fine, but went I tried to communicate wit the C200H, I got a message """ Impossible to allocate the RAM Usufficient memory """ I've tried on one of my old PC running with Win.95, I have no problem to communicate with the C200H Could one help me on this one ? Thanks for the help, PJ

I have Syswin 3.4 running succesfully on my main machine with XP Pro SP2, 1 gig RAM and also on my laptop with XP Home and only 512 meg RAM. Have never had the rpoblem. Sounds like it might be a Windows problem. Do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and see what the processor and page memory are up to.

I have this same problem. It has something to do with the way my Dell laptop deals with the serial port. I can try to connect to anything using my serial port after I turn my pc on, wheter it be syswin, NTST, GPPW, RsLogics, Fxwin, or any of the software that I use with the serial port. I am running windows 2000 professional, and even though I can go into the control panel, system, device manager, hardware, and check my serial port, which Windows says is working correctly, I have to choose the option to update my serial port driver, let it automatically look and choose the driver to load, select okay, let windows reinstall the serial port driver, then I can connect using my serial port. If I do not let Windows reinstall the serial port driver, I will get the exact same message. The IT Group where I work, has rebuilt my laptop, reloaded windows, etc. quite a few times, but I stil have to reinstall the serial port drivers, everytime I turn the laptop on. May not work for you, but I know of at least one other person who has the do the same who is running Windows 2000 on a Dell laptop.

I've had Dell laptops for 4 years (Inspiron 3800 and now Inspiron 1100 with a USB to serial adapter) and have never had the problem you speak of. I've used all of the Modicon, Omron, Mitsubishi, Siemens, and AB software I have on this laptop, and not even the USB to serial adapter screws up any of my programs. Perhaps you have bad hardware.