keithpetten

Help to Connect Omron CPU35 to Omron NS15 Screen vis RS 485

4 posts in this topic

Good day, I have a Omron CPU35 with the CP1W-CIF12 422A/485 options board connected. I want to know how to wire this to my Omron NS15-TX01B-V2 and setup via rs485 protocol. Please help me with dip switch settings, cx programmer settings/changes and wiring for this. I tried several combinations and nothing works. Thanks in advance.

Ports A and B are RS232 not RS485. Wiring for RS232 is 2-3 3-2 4-5 tied together 9-9 Set up the serial port in the PLS as Custom - NT Link - NT/PC Link at least 1 Set up the screen serial port (A) as high speed NT Link and away you go.

Not quite Bob, the NS15 has a RS-422A port. @Keith, although I am working with Omron for 15 years I still struggle to find the correct information sometimes. The manuals have all the information you need, but are quite overwhelming with information and most of the times what you are looking for is scattered over several manuals. I have never used this setup but I collected the information and highlighted what I believe should be the dipswitch settings. Wiring seems obvious to me, 4 wire method connected 1:1 terminated at both ends. Attached find the file for hardware settings on the CIF12 and NS15, and software settings for CX-Programmer and CX-Designer. CP1W-CIF12.pdf CX-Programmer.pdf

Must have an old data sheet Pim - the one I have only shows 232 LOL.