tavoans

Micrologix 1100 Programming trouble

5 posts in this topic

First, I'm new in this forum and I appreciate all the anwers that I'll have. This is my problem: I'm kind of new in my job, and my boss put me in a new project that im using this PLC Micrologix 1100. But he can't support me right now with the software Rslogix 500, and he told me that I can program this PLC "manually" with the LCD panel, but surfing the net I didn't find any subject about it. And this is my doubt, Can I program this PLC only with the LCD panel of the PLC without using the software from this PLC?, Please I need a hand with this trouble!! Add: I did a ladder "program" in a paper, its like a 7 lines, using 5 inputs, 2 outputs, 2 flags and 1 timer. Can I program this kind of "program" using only the LCD panel?, and if I can, can u provide me a manual of that?, thanks all!!

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=868 This is a free version of RSLogix 500! If you want the version that includes RSLinx you will need to download it from the Allen Bradley site. There is an article on the main page of MrPLC.com with the details. Enjoy! Programming cannot be done from the LCD.

Won't support you with the programming software? That's like telling you to fix a car without a tool kit! Fortunately you can use the free version of the software for that particular version of the Micrologix. If you had a 1400, you'd be out of luck.

In his other tread on another forum, he says they will not supply a PC to run the software on either. Why didn't I think of this when I was running my contracting business. Yes you are hired, but you will drive your own van to the job, supply all the tools and materials you need to do the job, and I will collect the check at the end. If you could pick up your own Workman's Comp policy that would excellent also! LOL When I first read this I had to look at the calendar and see if it was April 1st again. Edited by Bering C Sparky

Smart relays usually have LCD screens and can be programmed from there, albeit with much hair-pulling. That must be what his boss was thinking. Still...