Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Parag Gajera

AB Micrologix 1000 Communication Problem

11 posts in this topic

Hii, I have Micrologix 1000 and i want to connect my hardware with RS LOGIX 500, so for that i have buy new communication cable related to RS 232 protocol, but problem is that when ever i have configure driver in RS linx its shows error in RS 232 DF1 Devices. I have tried that PLC through AIC+ converter in that condition its working properly, but when ever i tried on other cables its not working. i have also checked all cable pin configuration and connections.

Here is a pretty good step by step tutorial connecting to your PLC. Also what it's the part number of the cable you purchased? http://www.theautomationstore.com/allen-bradley-micrologix-connecting-to-the-plc-over-a-serial-port-or-usb-to-serial-adapter/

I don't have cable number but i have bought it from Jia Chang. Cable color is white, and connectors are 8 mini din to DB 9 serial.

It is probably the right cable. Did you try the steps in the link?

When you use the 1761-NET-AIC, are you using the "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver in RSLinx Classic software ? That runs the DH485 protocol, rather than the default DF1 Full Duplex protocol. The MicroLogix 1000 supports both, but you typically only see the DH485 protocol used when several devices are networked together. That driver is difficult to configure in Windows. Using a general-purpose serial/USB converter will not work, and using a built-in serial port will only work in Windows XP SP2 or with an SP3 patch. A better way to use DH485 protocol from a 1747-UIC, which is a dedicated-purpose USB to DH485 converter.

No, I am using RS 232 DF1 Devices Protocol for it. This was working properly on this protocol one year ago, and then i have shift its location, and after that its not working. I want to only work on RS 232 for connect RS Logix 500 with it. I have not any other option. Please give me solution for RS Logix 500 to Micrologix 100 communication via RS Linx.

Is there any option for reset whole PLC without connection to software for Micrologix 1000 and Micrologix 1200.??

ML1200 you can . there is a tiny little push button next the comm port . if you push it and hold for 8 to 10 seconds, it will reset to default to DF1 protocol.

The MIcroLogix 1000 does not have a default communications button like the other MicroLogix controllers do. If you are able to connect to this controller with one set of cables (you mentioned a 1761-NET-AIC) but not with this counterfeit A-B cable, that suggests that the counterfeit cable is defective.

I have tried that, but still its not connecting..When i have pressed that tiny button one DCOMM indication activated...i have tried both way without indication and with indication..but no response for communication..

On ML1200 i have hand make cable for communication, PC to AIC+ converter and then AIC+ to PLC, Both cable i have made. I have also check continuity in both cable. It was working before 6 month ago without AIC+ converter, but suddenly stop working and still as it is. so i want to again make it on working condition.