Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mac

Sysmac S6 output relays

6 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone had a line on these hard to get relays for the Sysmac S6 plc from Omron. We are still using 2 S6's and are slowly running out of the output relays. They are old and the relays are obsolete but thought it might be worth a try here. These plc's still run great but need parts. Thanks

I find it very interesting when I find someone else still using S6's. We have the same problem. I plan on replacing ours with CQM1's. I find it difficult to get to this project as we have more pressing issues to contend with and the S6's rarely give us problems. The outputs that used to fail had large loads on them such as a solenoid valves. We have changed it to where the output would drive a relay and the relay would drive the solenoid valve. This has decreased our maintenance and prolonged the life of our S6 outputs. Good luck, IORack

Hi. I agree to an opinion of IORack. I think the best that replace to CQM1 or CPM1A/2A. Next , I think better that relay isolate of the large loads . And , Did you look for the compatible relay? I discovered the following site. http://www.adsinfo.com/omron.html Sorry my English is poor. HIRO

I would look into Ebay for anything like that, normaly you can find things pritty cheep too. Ebay S6

I really appreciate the feedback guys. Our two S6's are running 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. We do drive slave relays with them but they do many cycles a day. I have looked into retrofitting other relays on the board but have come up empty. If anyone else can help or has run into this problem and come up with a solution other than replacing the Plc please feel free to give your input Thanks Mac

Are you saying that the relays are suffing from mechanical failure? ie. 1000s of operations OR Electrical death due to contact welding?? Depending on failure, mechanical would be a change over of relay, not much else you can do. Electrical failure: may suggested looking at the load device and using SSR interposing relay to reduce the load on the S6 relay to a minimum Good luck. ps search ebay for Omron S6. Saw a couple last week at a bargin price.