Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
udhaya

Driver Compatibilty Issue

7 posts in this topic

I am using CX-Programmer Ver 8.10 in windows 7 platform. In that USB protocol is not working, If I am checking in device manager the driver status is "There is no driver selected for the device information set or element." Then I installed the VM ware PLayer "6.0.0 build-1295980" with WIN XP OS. In device manager of WIN XP, the driver status is "This device is working properly", But i cannot communicate with PLC through VM Ware station. Please provide me the solution on this for driver compatibility issue. ASAP. Thanks in Advance.

What version of Windows 7? If home throw it away and get professional. Why are you using CX-P inside VM Ware? CX-P is about the only PLC software I use in straight Windows as it plays nice and shuts down properly. Cannot say the same for most of the others.

V8.10 is a fairly OLD version of CX-P. The current version is 9.50. It works fine with Win7. Also ... CX-P communicates through CX-Server. The current version of CX-S is 5.0. I agree with BobB! Running CX-P (or almost anything with communications) in VMware is difficult at best. Your problem is most likely to be something in the VMware setup.

32 bit or 64 bit?

64-bit Win7 Enterprise SP1.

USB Drivers for Win7 64bit

Hey Jay, Thank you so much for your valuable reply and is now working in my PC. Thanks for your solution.