Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
heron8888

1769 l32e lost ethernet connection after power down

8 posts in this topic

After power cycling one of our machines, the l32e module is not communicating via Ethernet. ,hmi etc show errors waiting for connection to slot 0,rs who finds the 4 other devices but not processor, I have also tried directly to l32 module with no luck, I can connect via serial ok but can not find anything wrong. Does anyone have a suggestion to try? thanks

Just to cover the basics. Is the IP address configured when you go online serially? It wasn't set for dhcp was it? Can you ping it?

Yes the ip address is correct when you go online and look via serial dhcp is not enabled , have not tried to ping it

Tried the pin command ping 192.168.171.40 and comes back as unreachable

Can you connect serially and go in with the DF1 driver to double check the IP? What are the status lights on the Ethernet port doing? I have seen these units lose their IP address after a power outage. Edited by phuz

Double checked the ip address is correct, and all the lights are the same as other machines we have ,as usual it is the one module we have not got a spare of to try

Woops, I missed the post above where he already asked that. Sorry about that. Try changing the IP from the serial connection to something else not in use. See if you can ping the new IP. If you can, add it to RSLinx and see if it detects.

I am ok now thanks reloaded program from manufacturer