Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kku

Omron Tech Support in Canada

5 posts in this topic

What's happening with Omron tech suppport in Canada? A long time ago when I started working with Omron, the tech. support was fantastic. It helps to have their office locally (about 30 minutes) away. Whenever I (or anyone else) in the plant had problems, they would either come over to the plant in a short time or walk us through the problems over the phone. From about 3-5 years ago when Omron Canada re-organized, the support has been really bad. Now we have to go through our local distributor first. The guys over there seems to be just as knowledgeable as us (which means we are usually stuck on the same problems). For example we recently had some problems with a servo drive, instead of coming over like they used to do, we had to contact our local distributor. Then the guy there had to try to understand it, duplicate it, and then tell us we have a problem. Every problem now takes weeks to resolve (if they get resolved at all). We have expressed these concerns to our distributor and to our account manager. Unfortunately not much has been done about it. Maybe we are too small for them to care? Are people out there experiencing the same issues? We have only recently started to use the Omron servo drives and this experience so far doesn't give me much confidence to use more. Our recent experiences have also made me hesitant to use their new NJ controller. How is support down in the US?

I have not had any problems with Omron's tech support. The local distributor is really good and if it is something they can't answer, they will contact Omron to get me an answer.

Tech support must be good and available, but too easy access to it provokes abuse. Tech support is akin life vest. Use it in emergency, and it may save you. Use it always, and you will never learn to swim. Edited by Sergei Troizky

Well said, Sergei!

I agreed that the tech support is the best option to resolve your issues. They have experienced expert team which will easily handle problem. As I work as Tech Support i know that how to tackle problem with in time also caring customer satisfaction. I will check out omran site it is larger support service through out the globe. Thank You