Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

NB7 and PLC via RS485

10 posts in this topic

Hi I have to use CJ1W-CIF11 to establish connection with NB7. Before I connected HMI via RS232 or ethernet. As I see with modbus it is quite complicated to get it working Do you have any tutorial how to do that. For now in NB Designer I set HMI with number 6 ( I think it is empty Modbus node address.) and connected via COM2 to Modbus RTU PLC. I set the same communication parameters in PLC and HMI and I made some bit lamp. I found for PLC just x0 and x1 as a address. Now I have a question - what is W20.00 in this notification X0, X1 I downloaded it to HMI and still I have error - no response 00-06-2 Thanks for some example PAwel

I do not now why I got email with reply, but I do not see it in forum: Anyway I got clue from Michael Walsh and he wrote: ".. Why are you using Modbus if you have an Omron NB HMI and an Omron PLC? You do not need to use Modbus. You could use RS422 and Host link to make this connection work. This would be very a very similar setup to using RS232 Host Link with the NB and CJ. .." In my PLC port 1 with RS232 is used by scaner port2 with CJ1W-CIF11 is used as a master for modbus to read values from Cell Converter. I pull data using easy modbus RTU and serial port is set as a Serial Gateway 19200,8,N,1 . In such a case still I can connect NB7 to CIF11 and set HOST Link and use completely different protocol - I doubt

I would use Hostlink to talk to the NB7 from the plc (is it a cp1wcif11?) and modbus from the second port on the NB to talk to the modbus device. Pp Edited by ParaffinPower

YEs it is CP1WCIF11 and I think about your idea: COM2 in NB will talk to modbus slave and COM1 will be used to PLC. I think I cannot use CIF11 because COM1 in NB cannot be RS485 only RS232 - so I have to install CIF01 - right? I have also problem with reply from slave. I made such a configuration: I set cell converter as a node 5 In manual for device I have: ADC_VAL Filtered ADC value R 40062 and if I use PLC to read easy modbus rtu with function 3 and address 3D and 1 word I get response. When I set numeral display like below all the time I get error [1]PLC Response error. Cell Converter has LED RX and TX and they are nicely blinking. Maybe I have to change some other parameters to get response When I tried to set frequency in omron Inverter it worked. thanks for help Pawel

I deleted my response as I realized after re-reading it that you were probably using the port for Modbus already and wanted to also be able to communicate to that port with the NB. (you confirmed this in your follow up post).

Hi ! I have another CP1W-CIF01 and I did as ParrafinPower wrote and finally I got response from Cell Converter In NB, but I noticed something strange and I have no idea why. Original software for cell converter connected via RS232,2400 shows value 34056 CP1L using easy modbus RTU from register 40062 - read correctly 34050 ( it is flowing little bit) but NB from the same address read less 34017 - WHY . I checked registers around and values are completely different - so I'm reading correct register, but why value is different. Can you noticed such a thing? My "number display" is declared as: 4X and address 62 displayed as unsigned integer. IS it posible that NB has a bug? Pawel I made some research and values "FLOAT" which I use have difference around +12. f.e If I I read -3.24 by PLC the same value read by NB is -15.09 and If read +330 by PLC I have 318 in NB. Edited by pszczepan

Really struggling. Next problem. I connected ma cell converter to NB7 without CP1W-CIF11 and it is working. Now I wanted connect inverter JX and still I had no response, but when I connected 6 from NB to SDB+ in CP1W-CIF11 and 8 to SDA- in CIF11 I got communication between NB and Inverter. It is really strange. In PLC I do not have any code to start easy-modbus RTU A640.00 I changed also parameter for CIF11 and it still works - slave and NB works on 19200, CIF11 9600. To set frequency I use AREA 4X and Address 2 Strange is that without connection to CIF11 I can set frequency in Inverter but I do not have reply from Inverter JX - No response info and display on NB doesn't show Inverter frequency. When I connect CIF11 to line everything works like a charm Could you explain that? - It look like CIF11 strengthen signal

Have a look at the spec for the CIF - some of them are only good for a short distance.

I have 1 meter distance - CIF11 is up to 50 m JX Inverter and NB panel don't have built-in DIP switches for terminator resistance - maybe it is the reason. What resistors should I add to the line? Edited by pszczepan

Today we did really reseach: terminal with third part software checked what is going on Modbus line, digital oscilloscope to check intervals and we found: When I have just one slave connected to panel NB (physically) everything works - reading, writing. When I add slave to bus, frame are sent to slave and slave reply, but panel NB doesn't get this frames and it shows warning - no response. We tried to make changes in setup for port: but without success. In manual i t is not clear what parameters are for. Mostly they should be set automatically, but f.e we checked that reply is on the bus after 10 ms if there is one slave. When bus has another slave the same frame comes back after 30ms even I send exactly the same frame and just to one slave. Maybe you had such NB comm2 behavior in the past and you could get any clue - when it works - now it is completely useless to set NB as a MODBUS master Pawel