Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mostafa

problem about reading registers in float format

7 posts in this topic

hi dears i am working on the device and i want to read its registers by citect scada,but the type of registers is float and when i want to read it,the quantities Are so meaningless!how can i convert this quantities to integer format?of course by citect scada.

Converting a real number to an integer can be done in most PLCs in the program. The Citect software should be able to display a real number, so there should be no reason to convert it. Make sure your setup is for a real number.

unfortunately my control system does not have this facility that i can convert float number to integer,so i have to do this work by citect scada. of course at first i define variable tag as real type, but again i see unsuitable quantity related to my register.

Make sure you bit ordering is correct in the driver setup for double words or floats.

Use REAL in Citect - that is floating point. Your issue may be the little endian/big endian problem. Check your device to see if it has an internal switch for little endian/big endian selection. If not and that is the problem then bytes and/or words need to be swapped to get the real answer. Have had this problem many times before so try to buy devices with a big/little endian internal switch (soft switch). I do not know if Citect can do this internally or not - investigate Cicode and disk PLC to see if this function is available.

i changed my ordering bits by float mode,but when i have another problem, i want to display quantity of 4 registers,so i defined 4 real tag, but every time i changed float mode only one of them shows correct quantity,for instant when i set float mode to 0 register 1 shows correct quantity but the other register show incorrect quantity,or when i set float mode to 1 only register 2 shows correct quantity and another registers show incorrect quantity. have should i do?

Your tags are needing to be offset by +1