Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NEW2HMI

Date/Time Objects

4 posts in this topic

Good Morning, Working on a screen that has a counter that can be reset but would like to post the date and time the counter was reset. Looking for a way to copy date and time information to a label or string input, or anything else, simply for display purposes from within the HMI. Can this be done? Was thinking I could just pull this from the current date/time objects but having no success. Thanks in advance.

I have used the PLC clock data for the reset date/time. The PLC clock information is stored in the auxiliary memory area. I would just copy the clock information into the corresponding label on the HMI whenever the counter was reset.

System word $SW14-$SW17 holds the clock calendar.

Setup a macro that detects when your counter resets, either by count == 0 or the reset function == 1. Then in the macro, copy the DateTime parameters to a $W location, then use this location as the display. The other way would be to configure an event, this then does it all for you, but then you have to display it using the alarm/event viewer not a string label.. I can setup an example if you want