Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dheine1

Still having trouble with Micrologix1400 RUN mode

4 posts in this topic

Greetings all, I posted this thread a while back. I am not a programmer but I recently started a job working on some equipment that is utilizing a Micrologix 1400 PLC. The problem I have is that everytime the equipment is powered down then back up the PLC starts up in Program mode instead of Run mode and I have to change to Run mode using the keypad. The programmer and everyone else I have talked to says that this PLC should just Start up in which ever mode it was in when it was powered down but this is not happening. I have a feeling that it is something that the programmer is doing wrong because I have four systems that all do the same thing. Can someone help? What must be done to ensure that the PLC will Start-up in "Run" mode everytime. I am still having problems. I have set S:1/12 to 1 but still when I power down the PLC and back up it comes in Prog mode. when this occurs i checked S:1/12 and it is back at 0. I don't understand what is going on. I would welcome any suggestions. Thank you,

Does the controller have a memory module? If so you have to save your programming changes to the memory module manually. See pdf's below. memorymodule.pdf memorymodule1.pdf

By any chance, do you have a memory module and S:5/8 set to "1"? Or is S:1/11 set? LOL! Mickey beat me to it. Edited by pcmccartney1

You don't have a 1766-MM1 memory module Installed do you? Wow two guys beat me to it. Edited by gbradley