Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom749

Ethernet Communication

6 posts in this topic

I use the 1756-L73 CPU and the 1756-EN2T for the Ethernet communication with Mitsubishi PLC. The Mitsubishi ethernet card is the QJ71E71-100. Do you know the way to communicate each other except for the alternative ways, OPC or SCADA by Ethernet way. Only one to one way. Thanks for your help in advance.

check out this previous forum topic: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=7850 It looks like Red Lion has a product that will work. I dont think you are going to get Mitsi and AB to talk directly, but the red lion protocol converters work well and you dont have to rely on a PC being up and running.

Beat me to it. The Red Lion is easy to configure and very reliable. I use the DSPGT but there are cheaper versions that work as well

Not sure this will help, but the 1756-EN2T supports open sockets, and there is free sample code on Rockwell's site which is basically an add-on instruction to support Modbus TCP. If your Mitsubishi doesn't support Modbus TCP, it still may be possible to natively talk to it from the EN2T using open sockets (I have an local OEM using it to talk to a Siemens S7-1400) however at that point using a bridge device like the guys mentioned above might be quicker. Hope this helps,

Thanks for your help, Guys. I have one question. When I use the Data Station Plus, DSPGT for this application, does not it need any PC or OPC for the bridge function? According to my search for the application, the DSPGT need a PC or OPC finally for the change of the protocol. You mean that The PLCs can communicate each other directly by the DSPGT without any PC or OPC? Your answer in advance. Edited by Tom749

The Data Station Plus should work on its own. You'll need a PC running their Crimson 3 software to initially configure it, but it should run on its own after that. It will read data from one PLC and write it to the other.