Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest JCURIEL

CONTROLLER LINK QUESTION

7 posts in this topic

HI EVERYBODY, I'M TRYING TO MAKE A NETWORK USING CONTROLLER LINK STUFF. I WAS READING THE MANUAL AND I FOUND IN ONE DIAGRAM WITH THE C200HW-CLK21 THAT YOU NEED A COMMUNICATION BOARD (LIKE COM06) AND A BRIDGE (C200H-CE001) BETWEEN THE CONTROLLER LINK CARD AND THE SERIAL COMMUNICATION BOARD (COM06 FOR EXAMPLE) TO PREPARE A C200H ALPHA FOR INTEGRATED IN A CONTROLLER LINK NETWORK. THE POINT IS THAT I FOUND THE PICTURE WITH THIS INSTALLATION, I MEAN WITH THE COMMUNICATION BOARD IN THE CONTROLLER LINK MANUAL, BUT DOESN'T EXPLAIN HOW TO CONFIGURE BOTH TO PREPARE IT FOR THE CONTROLLER LINK NETWORK. THANKS JORGE

Point of note.. the only boards that i remember being able to use is the COM04 or COM01 board. The only other trick i remember is that i needed to go in via the peripheral port to set the node up on the network. Depending on what programming packacke you are using will determine how you go about configuring the network..

THANK YOU SLEEPY FOR YOUR ADVICE, I'M USING CX-PROGRAMMER 3.0, BUT MY QUESTION IS IF I NEED THE COM01 OR COM04 WITH THE C200HW-CLK21 TO PREPARE A C200HW TO INCORPORATE IT TO A CONTROLLER LINK NETWORK. FOR EXAMPLE SO FAR I COULD READ THE CONTROLLER CARD FOR THE CQM1H-CPU51 DOESN'T NEED A COMMUNICATION BOARD TO INTEGRATE IT TO A CONTROLLER NETWORK. MAYBE I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND VERY CLEARLY WHAT YOU MEAN WITH YOUR ANSWER AND I APOLOGIZED CAUSE MY ENGLISH IS NOT AS GOOD AS I WOULD LIKE TO BE. COULD YOU EXPLAIN ME AGAIN, CAUSE I NEED TO KNOW IF I HAVE TO BUY THE C200H-CE001 BRIDGE. THANKS AGAIN, JORGE

You will need a C200HW-COM01 or COM04 and the C200HW-CE001 bridge to connect a C200HW-CLK21 to an Alpha processor. The Controller Link card must be in the first slot next to the processor. The bridge is only long enough to go from the slot next to the processor to the communication card (COM01 or COM04). Hope this helps.

One other thing, make sure the proceesor is not a C200HE-CPU11. This is the only Alpha processor that does not support communication boards.

Get hold of CX-Programmer 4.01 and upgrade it to 4.03. It has some nice improvements. You can compare programs and when you list a 64 bit word as integer in the monitor window, it also shows the 64 bits in binary. Very nice and getting better.