Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Studiologe

Bus Pin layout for 1769-L35E /A CompactLogix

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a pin-layout for the Backside Bus of an Allen Bradley 1769-L35E /A CompactLogix CPU. I'm planning on using my own power-supply with a connector that I have and need to know which pins feed the power onto it, so I don't smoke it I have the connector and a Siemens Power-Supply (24V, 5A), which Pins are the 24V power-supply pins? Thanks

I think you find that there is more than just 24v on the bus connector.

Yes of course, but I just want to put the 24V on the bus, and not communicate. I'm pretty sure the CPU doesn't communicate with the power supply. And all I need is the pin-layout, so I can feed in power without using an original (expensive) Allen Bradley Power supply, since i'm a poor student.. Thanks

The 1769 backplane connector has 24V and 5V DC power, and does include a communication mechanism between the power supply and the controller to provide a 'DC OK' signal to the CPU. RA doesn't publish the pinout or the specifications for the bus connector and I have never heard of somebody successfully replacing the 1769-Pxx power supplies with a bulk power supply. If you attempt to apply power to the backplane from a 24VDC power supply, you have a very high probability of permanently damaging the controller.

Hmm, Of course I don't want to risk blowing up my CPU. So what would be a good power supply I should Get to use with my 1769-L35E / A? I'm uncertain which ones would be the right ones, Since u don't know the Allen Bradley product spectrum yet. Please advise! Thanks guys!

How are you going to power the power supply? See page 7 http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/td/1769-td008_-en-p.pdf