Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahuat

Power off in plc to plc connection

10 posts in this topic

Hello All, I have a problem in plc to plc connection, the 'master' plc is cj1m-cpu11 and the 'slave' is CQM1H cpu, the communication connection between them is from RS232C port in CJ1M and peripheral port in CQM1H cpu, if i off the power the slave cpu, then on again the operating mode of the slave cpu is in program mode? but if i disconnect the communication connection between them and power off the 'slave' cpu, if i restart, the slave cpu (CQM1H) is in normal running mode? if anybody has this kind of experience, pls share,,, Thank you... ahuat

Check the settings of the PLC startup mode and make sure it is either Monitor or Run Mode... I bet that fixes it...

Perhaps the booting PLC is seing you connexion as if you had attached a programming therminal to it so it boots in programming mode. Can you not divert or delay the communication so the PLC can boot completely BEFORE the com is established. Something like trying once every minute only when you have no links.

Thank you for Sleepy Wombat and Pierre after i check i found my start up setting is use programming console, i think this is the problem comes from, so i should change to run correct? thanks in advance ahuat ps : this one is very funny

I personnaly always leave it in Monitori mode so when I connect to change something "on-line" it does not give me a message telling me it has to be in monitor mode to do this. I kind'a wonder why the RUN mode even exists. I have never seen any difference between Run and Monitor except for the on-line edit enabling of the monitor mode.

As i know there is a difference in the plc response time between monitor mode and run mode. ahuat

actually I asked omron that question and the answer I got was that it was a safety feature so that someone who did not really know wth they were doing couldent do anything. but imo it just ends up being a pain in the buttox

Actually, it's a throwback to the days of the handheld programmer. It could be put into run and the key removed so someone could do things like look at data or timers, but they could not change anything. As for powering up in program mode, when ever a peripheral cable is pluged in the cpu thinks it has a programming console with the switch turned to program plugged in. This started around the time the CQM1 was introduced. I too, wish Omron would fix that....( Wish they would ship controllers with an end statement in memory too, but hey, who am I?)

LOL actualy I kinda like the end statement, I normaly use it to save snipits of code that I may use again... ya I am lazy but thats the way I was made... :-p ps and again as I stated it used to be a safety feature. Actualy Thanks for the Clerification tstevic. Edited by KinK

The end statement is good for commissioning sections of code. Put an end statement in anywhere, commission that section of code and move the end statement to the next section.