Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BITS N BYTES

S7-200 to S7-1200 Conversion

6 posts in this topic

I am in the process of reviewing converting old S7-200 programs written in V4.0 Step 7 MicroWin SP9 to the S7-1200 platform and have yet to purchase the S7-1200 software. Will anyone share their experiences good/bad in attempting this upgrade. Easy/painful, any suggestions on the best/most efficient approach. Thnx in advance.

I used to use the S7-200 once in a while, and I loved the software. I haven't had a chance to see the new software, so I am looking forward to seeing some of the responses here too.

There's a conversion tool or program. It works fine for simple programs Can you post your microwin program? Lets try to convert it and see what happens

Converting S-200 to S7-1200 is like converting S-200 to S7-300. So, forget automated converting, just make new program for S7-1200. Automated conversion can (but not will) help if you have ONLY bit logic in your code. If you have interrupts, counters, analog values, indirect addressing, mathematics, time/date, block move or etc... automated conversion WILL NOT help you. So, do not waste your time using automated conversion, start to wrtie aplication in TIA portal now. Best regards.

I disagree But do what you want

Thanks to all for replies. Hunted around the Siemens website [THE most non-intuitive website by far] and found the conversion tool and documentation. When I purchase the the S7 software and an S7-1200 PLC I will give it a try. s71200_converter_tool_en-US.pdf Edited by BITS N BYTES