Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mostafa

Enter variable tag in runtime mode

11 posts in this topic

hi i want to enter variable amount in tags in run time mode,for instant suppose i have some heat sensors,and i want to in run time mode enter different range for them,for instant for one of them between 0-30 and for other one between 40-60.please help me about this problem. Edited by mostafa

A bit hard to help you when you have not specified the software/hardware you are using....

at first thanks for your response,i use from citect scada v7.1 and i try to test this subject with local tags.

Wouldn't it be easiest to use a "calculator" function in the control system where you specify the min/max values from Citect? That way there's no need for any logic in the SCADA...

Could you please explain somehow about calculation Function in control system? is it kind of Cicode function?

I make my custom PLC programs for scaling/calculations. You can do it however you want it... I'm not very familiar With Citect but there could be a function there of course, I just like to use the PLC program for that kind of dynamic daata input.

I understand that you need to enter certain value for tags in runtime. If you do not have real device like PLC: you have to use local tags. then in graphics put numeric display, in display value tag put your tag name. In input tap use following command FormNumPad(sTitle, Input, Mode) If you have real device you can use variable tags where you can write values inside PLC. I hope you find it useful.

i've done your suggestion and used of local tag in display field and FormNumPad(sTitle, sInput, iMode) in input section ,but in run time mode when i click on the numeric object, one window appear like calculator, when i enter a quantity in blank section and press ok,nothing happen for it!i have 2 question: 1-what is the problem? 2-whatis the mean of imode there?i entered a number instead of it,is it correct or not.