Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rumayan

Communications between MR-J3 40b1 and fx3u-2SSC-H

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a problem of testing my automation setup using JOG/PNG in fx configurator FP software. I have made my connection in a simple way as shown in the attached figure. When I plug the power ON, I see 'Ab' massage on the display. I was following the instructions written in "FX3U-20SSC-H Quick start". as follow: 1- the 'com test ' and 'initalized mode' showed recognition with the PLC and positioning controller. 2- writing the positioning and servo parameters to the fx3u-20ssch was normal. 3- when I switch to the test mode and try to type values on the JOG/PNG see no response on the amplifier display nor action on the motors. I am not sure whither I have hardware problem or software problem. Any one has come across this problem before? Any suggestion please Thanks in advance for your help Faisal

"AB" means the MR-J3 is still waiting for your servo controller (FX3U-20SSCH) to boot up. Boot up your MR-J3 first and then the FX system. The MR-J3 should read B01 Edited by Gambit

I followed your instructions and end up with dot 'Ab .' in the first amplifer and 'Ab' in the second one Any idea please

Have you set the rotary switches on the servo Amplifier to 0 and 1?

You didn't set the rotary switches. And make sure both DIP switches next to the rotary switches are OFF. And I hope you wired the 20SSC to 24VDC power. Test mode doesn't rely on any program, it's a way to test the actual system and communication without relying on the PLC program. So you don't have a software problem.

Thanks for all of you guys. problem soved Because my servo is 110V so I had to use L1 and L3 insteade of L1 and L2 (it was written on side but didn't pick it up) the massage i recived afterward is d01 which 'servo is ready'

It's still labeled L1 and L2, just they are the first and third pins on the terminal block.