Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkD

Automation Engineer

6 posts in this topic

I am in a bit of trouble. I have recently completed a project with one snag. I am using a panel view plus 5,size 1500 ,firmware version 5.3 to communicate over 2 PLC’s . L72 and Modicon Quantum . Normal linx enterprise to the CLX to and Kepwere server to the Modicon plc. When we did test on the development machine and we get communications . But however after download to the panelview all communications are dead. I have played around with different firmware and kepwere versions. It is Modbus/Ethernet when I upgraded the panelview firmware. This is a critical issue please will you assist

I am in a bit of trouble. I would like a panel view expert to look in to this. I am with Philco Systems in Richards Bay. I have recently completed a project with one snag. I am using a panel view plus 5,size 1500 ,firmware version 5.3 to communicate over 2 PLC’s . L72 and Modicon Quantum . Normal linx enterprise to the CLX to and Kepwere server to the Modicon plc. When we did test on the development machine and we get communications . But however after download to the panelview all communications are dead. I have played around with different firmware and kepwere versions. It is Modbus/Ethernet when I upgraded the panelview firmware. This is a critical issue please will you assist

Did you remember to change all your IP Addresses to the actual ones for your installation from the Test System? Stu....

Not aware of A/B stuff but reading Kepware one thing comes to mind: did you unlocked the server license? Also, Kepware has some pretty good debugging at hand. Have a look at the status messages when starting up Kepserver. What does it say?

You can verify your communications via the PanelView's configuration screen. My practice is... once I establish communications with the PanelView, uncheck the "Replace Communications" check box when performing additional downloads.

Post specifics about your system and the diagnostics you have done. Start with the version numbers of your FactoryTalk View Studio software, the RSLinx Enterprise software, and the KepServer Enterprise software that is on your development PC. Describe the network configuration between your controller and the PanelView terminal. You've described the controllers, but not the network. Include IP addresses and Slot numbers and protocols. Did you do only "Test Display" (uses the Development network schema) or did you do a "Test Runtime" on your development computer (uses the Runtime schema). Describe the error messages you are getting on the PanelView Plus terminal. If you cannot see them, create a Display with a FactoryTalk Diagnostics summary on it. Do you have the IP address (assuming Ethernet) set properly on the PanelView terminal ?