Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scada_vn

how to convert GX Works2 to Step7

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm new PLC Mitsubishi in GX Works2, but I have good knowledge about step7 Siemens. So I wonders that we have good solutions transfer Mitsubishi to Siemens For example I want in create DB with DB of type UDT in step7, or others. How I can do in GX works2 Do you have any documents to show convert on this case? Any advise on this BR Thanks

I' not familiar with S7, and this is a Mitsubishi forum so maybe you can avoid using shortnames from S7?? I don't know what you mean with "DB" or "UDT". Can you use full names so that we can understand what you're after. Startup guides can be found in GX Works2 under "Help" -> "Manuals"

Hi Kaare Thanks for fast response on this DB : Data Block UDT: Data type--> the same in Mit (Structure data types) Never mind. I just got this point Thanks

Thats great. Don't be afraid to ask, just remember that not all people are familiar with other brands, therefore please avoid using shortnames when talking about other brands. Edited by kaare_t

Hi Kaare, Pls tell me what Analog input address (Q68ADI, CH1 TO CH8). I dont know address format AI/AO address in PLC mitsubish Q series Pls refer to image: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?dd9dr6o9h080o30 or Could you you sent me example of plc code on this case if you have? Thanks BR

Analogue devices are usually D or R (e.g. D100, D999, R10000, R13500)... When you use the FB you don't need any other configuration. Use labels instead of direct addressing when using Structured Ladder.

@scada_vn: There is quite a big difference between Siemens and Mitsubishi. I don't know which CPU you are using but for QnU, i'd recommend having a browse through QnU User's Manual (Function Explanation, Program Fundamentals) and Programming Manual. It will give you a good idea about Mitsubishi programming and it will give you a better overview on the differences/similarities between Siemens and Mitsubishi. For example, Mitsubishi doesn't have datablocks but a fixed memory structure (e.g. 14k dataregisters means you have D0 -> D14336 that you can freely access). Also, access to special cards (analog cards, temperature cards,...) is another point of difference. With Siemens, you get the anlog values practically for free (without code) because the values are mapped to the memory area (PIW/PQW). With Mitsubsihi, values/data has to be exchanged with the card via code (you need the read x values from special card y). That process can be simplified by function blocks (what you are doing) or via auto refresh + intelligent function modules.

Hi all, thanks a lot for all of you support on this. I'm using Q02 on my case. I thought analog is used D memory, but I'm not sure which address correctly to each channel. That is why I'm confuse on this Yeah, Mit is more difference than Siemens about config analog. Anyway, i will find out document on this Thanks for all BR

I just started using Q series and it was very helpful to watch "System Q Online Tutorial". You find it to: https://my.mitsubishi-automation.com/. The tutorial is made using an older software. You'll have to register. For getting analog values I used "Inteligent function module" as Mitsu mentioned.

The address for the analog inputs is wherever you put it when you read it in from the module. Look at the intelligent module utility to make this much simpler.