Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest leeming

Rslogix master disk

10 posts in this topic

Will any body please help me to activate rslogix , the code is of course in the floppy disk, retrieved from the old note book, problem , the new note book came with no floppy drive there is any way to do it or i have to purchase a external drive. thank`s a million leeming.

You need a Floopy drive to do it....

You can try networking the new laptop to another pc with a floppy drive then share the drive and be able to use it at the new laptop.

I agree with firetubes. The easiest way is to connect your new laptop with PC that has floppy drive. Then you can share the drives and transfer activation.

I just checked my EVMOVE. It shows up my network drive letter. You should be able to SHARE A FLOPPY DRIVE on your network in another computer, then come back to your laptop and map a network drive direct to the shared folder which is the floppy drive in the other computer. In EVMOVE select your network drive you just mapped. In my screen shot my network drive is "F:"... that should work...dunno never tried it but it appears to allow it.

That's the way to do it. It does work. My colegue did just that on a new laptop.

On PC with floppy drive you need to setup a mapped drive that is the C drive on the laptop. Run the floppy from the PC with the floppy drive, and move the activation from A to the mapped drive, eg Z PS mapping the floppy drive from the laptop wont work. Edited by Snerkel

Its a bit old hat but you can can move activations to a zip disk and onto a laptop.

You can also use a usb memory stick to transfer activation, but I believe you need to download CVMove

Should work both way and as chakorules describes. If you use Windows XP, make sure to click on the Permissions box and check the Full Control and Change boxes.