Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arijitPLC

Mitsubishi PLC FX series interfacing cable SC09

8 posts in this topic

I have brought sc09 cable.sc09 cable's 8pin connector connect to PLC and other portion I connect to RS232 converter's com port.And RS232 cable's USB connect to PC.After that,PC found the hardware or cable.But when I open Melsec GX developer and try to upload or read the file from PLC it shows error. Error is "an unauthorized port". Can anyone help me out to find the solution??

What Com number have been assigned to the USB->RS232 converter? Remember that this is probably NOT COM1, so you must use device manager to find the correct COM port number. Have you selected the correct COM port number in the programming software (not USB, and the correct COM port number)?

Need more information on the setup of your USB to serial adapter.

I don know how to configure the com port no. in software. And Is there any necessity to configure USB port in software as well?I have enclosed one pics.My cable connection is like that.usb portion connect to PC and 8pin din connector connect to PLC.

1. You need to know which COM port is assigned to the USB->Serial adapter: -Right-click "Computer" and select "Manage" -On the right side of the window select "Device Manager" -Scroll down to "Com ports" and expand it -You can see the name of your adapter, and which COM port is assigned (note that if you change the USB port when plugging in the adapter the COM port assignement will probably change to a new COM port) 2. In your programming software you need to specify the COM port you want to use: -In the Mitsu programming software toolbar, select "Online" - > "Transfer Setup" -> "Ports" -Double clik "Serial USB" in the upper left corner -Select "RS-232C" -Select the correct COM port according to the information retrieved from Device Manager

And that's not an SC09 cable, it's an aftermarket copy. SC09 is red, and has both 8 pin round and DB25 ends for connection to older FX and A products as well.

Maybe his pirate Gx Dev is faulty too :) :)

Thank u Kaare_t.I wiil try it like your follow procedure...I think it ll work...