Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diaelecj07

Hardware Error

13 posts in this topic

I have a serial communication card (QJ71C24N) that seems to be disconnecting. Periodically, my laser-marker will stop receiving data from the communication card. When the problem occurs, I check the system monitor via GX Dev. and it says the module has been disconnected. Replacing the card has not helped. Has anyone seen this or can anyone offer any advice while I troubleshoot it? Thanks QJ71OK.bmp QJ71NG.bmp

Have you replaced the Backplane or put the card in another slot?

No and Yes. I do not have access to another Backplane yet. I moved the card over to the next slot and the same problem occurred. So far, we have: Replaced the QJ71C24N card Changed card slots Replaced the CPU Thanks in advance.

Are you sure the card is disconnecting? Are you sure it's not just a communication error being flagged? Is this a high vibration environment? Are you relying on the plastic latch to hold the card in place or is it screwed into the backplane?

The card is not physically disconnecting. The LED display list on the card stays lit and displays no error. There is no indication of an error with this current card... However the previous card gave an error 1414. There is no vibration. The card is screwed into the backplane.

In the picture it seems to me that the module is disconnected from the rack itself (you can see that the software cannot access the name of the card just above "32pt"). Try changing the backplane....

I installed a new backplane and a new expansion cable this morning. The module 'disconnected' within an hour... The presence of the card seems to be detected... but information about the card and transmitted data seems to be lost. I wonder what else could cause this... thanks Edited by diaelecj07

This may or may not be related, but the serial com. card gave an warning earlier which it has not done before 7F42 - Transmit watchdog timer (timer 2) time-out occurred - Check if DTR control, etc. interrupted transmission The info about the card in system monitor did not disappear this time... Could there possibly be any relation?

Try another computer, or use a different USB->RS232 converter...

Just an update: I used GX Config to change the settings in the "Ch1 Transmission Control and Others Monitor/Test" - Retransmission time - from 'Do Not Retransmit' to 'Retransmit' - Transmission Monitor Time (timer 2) - from 0708 to 0000 I still haven't found/fixed the problem, but this has stopped the card from disconnecting and going into error.

Did you use GX Configurator SC?

Not really sure what happens, but here's a wild guess: You are transmitting data, but the received data to the C24 is not processed correctly, and the receive buffer is not cleared for each faulty receive operation. This causes the buffer to fill up. Could you try to write a small function that clears the receive buffers (there's a buffer memory in the module for flushing the input buffer)? I have a feeling that this could be the problem.