Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OmronFAQ

Best method of mounting CJ in 19" rack

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, Anybody got any ideas on how to best mount a CJ1 PLC into a 19" rack? My understanding is that the racks have adjustable shelves. I can then mount a gear plate to this, is this typical? What is the typical wiring method adapoted in these racks? Any idea or manufacturers??

Hey buddy...did u forget my number, oh i forgot, you don;t have the new one yet, ring syd and get it.... Anyways, i did have a customer who had a similar application where they mounted a c200h system in a 19" rack... Simply put a special bracket was manufactured, quite simple really.... the limitation was the biggest rack was a 8 slot rack for the PLC.

In my lab I have all of my PLCs mounted on 19" aluminum blanking plates. They bolt right onto the front of the 19" rails, are available in different heights, and make it easy to remove one PLC to take to a customer to demonstrate. I would recommend you get a 19" blanking plate and mount to it. Of course this means the PLC will stick out in front of the rack, so make sure you have enough room. I tapped and threaded the holes in mine, but for an industrial installation, you should probably drill through and put a nut on the back. I can send a picture if you'd like.

Chris, A Picture would be fantastic!! Thanks.