Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koen

backup tool

6 posts in this topic

Hello, We use sometimes the PLC Backup tool from CX Programmer. Is there some possibility to use this tool without CX-Programmer installed on a pc. We want to send the backup to a customer which has not Omron software on their pc. I also found a backup tool in the download area: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=254 This is an old program that is not updated anymore. Is there a new version that supports CJ1/CJ2 plc? Already thanks.

The backup tool is found in the CX One folder: C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-One\CX-Programmer\PLCBackupTool.exe I think it will run by itself.

tx. I found this exe, but i cannot run it on pc's with Omron installed... I got an error because of cdmapi32.dll gr.

Another method not requiring CX-Programmer, not even a computer or cable. http://db.tt/1nOgrf5n

Tx. This is the method we use for the moment, but the problem is that CF cards are not that common (fe. SD cards) and the readers are not integrated in all pc/laptop... Therefor, we search a new method via USB cable (for CJ2/CP1 PLC) gr.

CF cards especially the bigger sizes are cheap. We had a few trays of 128mb cards at my old company but the 2GB ones are even cheaper. My epxerience especially if the customer needs to download programs is that this method is monkey proof, the worst that can happen is that a customer mixes up restoring and backup, thats why I wrote this step by step instruction. No cable hassles No driver issues No software version issues Just about any laptop takes a PCMCIA adapter or USB-CF adapter. I never found the PLC backup tool to be worth much.