Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobB

VPN & Ethernet Wireless

7 posts in this topic

I have a job coming up where programming access is essential - 2 days away by air. I plan to use a CJ2M with an Omron switch and a Beijer sunlight readable screen. Have used Red Lion and dislike them immensely. The customer will have to set up VPN so I can get access and then the plan is to use wireless comms from the office to the Wave Machine. The project is in north western Australia. Any recommendations as to what to use for wireless Ethernet - my client wants to use cheap commercially available wireless routers from the local computer store. Also any things to watch out for with respect to the VPN and a firewall. Programming access is required for both the PLC and the Beijer touch screen by VPN and Ethernet - the Beijer screen web server may also have to be accessed from a web browser. I have contacted the local Beijer distributor about triple access (interface to PLC, web server and programming via the Ethernet port) and await a reply. The Beijer screens apparently have a FINS interface so that should be good. Any help greatly appreciated.

Bob, Have a look at Ubiquity Ubiquity Cheap, Reliable, Fast.

Hi Chris I guess you mean the 'Air Fibre'. Looks quite impressive - do you know if they have an Ozzie distributor at all? I have asked on their website but no reply yet. Regards Bob

Hi Bob, A bit tugged away on the website: http://www.ubnt.com/purchase/australia

Thanks Pim - I missed it - not a real easy site to find anything.

Bob, I replaced a faulty fibre link with 2 x nanostation m5 bridges. 100Mbps full duplex for less than $160ea at over 70 metres. Regards Chris

I think wireless connection may show some troubleshooting during working. An extra router should be placed for vpn australia to make signals more powerful.