Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Lower Cost DeviceNET to Ethernet I/P Gateway

7 posts in this topic

I have a need to purchase a few DeviceNET to Ethernet I/P gateways for my Allen Bradley PLCs. I've used anybus gateways, and they are rock solid. They cost about $800-$1100 per gateway and are rather large in size. I've did some searching but wasn't finding anything smaller and cheaper. How about you guys, have you used something that would be a DeviceNET Master on one end, then an Ethernet I/P slave for the second network? A gateway that would be a dinrail mount, small size? Let me know if you guys have any recommendations for me to look at, I'd appreciate it.

I'm not sure if they have exactly what you need but check out http://www.rtaautomation.com/. I have not used any of their products & am not familiar with their pricing.

I have used RTA Automation and love their products. Their tech service is really good. I had troubles with anybus and their service.

Chris did you find anything

I sure did. I called RTA Automation. I got a quote and everything. Right now I am just waiting on some project to clear the dust then I think I will buy on to check it out and see how it works. I already tested an anybus with profibus and ethernet i/p awhile back, but I like the size of the RTA gateways, they are tiny....

If you don't want to buy one I will loan you mine.

Jeff, Thanks for the offer, but I can just purchase one. I have a budget to do so. Chris