Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raulvirtudazo

RsSoftLogix5860

5 posts in this topic

Do you have the software and need help with the procedure? If you asking someone to furnish the software, we do not allow that on this site.

If you haven't already upgraded to the FactoryTalk activation, then my understanding is you will need to before upgrading to V20.

V20 downloaded from the RA website includes the latest version of FT activation. It will install as a pre-requisite.

The OP's thread title is a somewhat mangled Allen-Bradley part number: "RsSoftLogix 5860", but then he mentions RSLogix 5000 in the message body. Upgrading RSLogix 5000 editing software is very straightforward; you simply download the most recent version from the RA WebUpdates site and install it. Versions, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 will happily install and function side-by-side on the same computer. The SoftLogix controller is a little different. "SoftLogix 5860" is probably the 1789-L60 controller. This is considered an Allen-Bradley controller, not a Rockwell Software product. It has a separate activation and it often is not installed on the same computer as the RSLogix 5000 editor. It has a separate Serial Number, and a separate Activation, and you cannot have multiple versions of it running on the same PC (at least as far as I know). SoftLogix v16 and previous used EVRSI activations. V17 used Node-Locked FactoryTalk Activation, and v18 and newer uses Concurrent FactoryTalk Activations (the Toolkit activation works too). I don't know for sure if SoftLogix v20 is released yet. The OP is probably going to have to talk to RA Technical Support to trade his old EVRSI activation for a new FactoryTalk activation.