Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Fanuc Robot I/O

4 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or does Fanuc LR-Mate I/O really hard to get working? One time I do a project I think I got the I/O figured out on this LR-Mate that it could be NPN or PNP, the next time I do a Fanuc LR-Mate I can change the inputs from NPN or PNP but the outputs I can only get to work NPN... I swear on my grandmothers grave I got the Digital Outputs on this dumb robot to be PNP outputs the first time I wired it up...but now the next time I can only get the Digital Outputs to be NPN. What gives???...Does anyone else feel like this LR-Mate is hard to get wired correctly? Or should I just go lay down in the corner somewhere?

LOL I have never had the pleasure/pain of working with one but I know how you feel, best thing to do is to work on something else compleatly different for a couple of hours and then go back to it.

I used Fanuc only once before and now I'm about to recive two new robots from them. Because of poor experience with Fanuc in the past I tried to get some things sorted out while we are waiting for the untis. Unfortunatelly local Fanuc proved again that their knowelege and support of their own products is a far cry from being satisfying (they didn't manage to provide ONE decent answer so far). They say I'll have to wait till robots arrive but the whole project is late because delivery of the robots is far behind schedule (also curtesy of Fanuc). It looks like another uphill battle... (let's hope it's not) :*-(

Well I know what you mean... If you have ANY questions..you know my e-mail, use it. I can help you out if you have any questions. In the mean time, check out this article: My first Fanuc: http://www.mrplc.com/kb/index.php?page=ind...x_v2&id=29&c=36