Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Samuellee

CPM1 Replacement

15 posts in this topic

Did anyone know what is the replacement model for CPM1?

The new shoebox is the CP1L for general use. There are other variants though for motion, number of inbuilt of analogues - CP1H.

There is also the CP1E for really small systems but beware!! No function blocks in there..

...And no battery in it. CP1E + a battery cost more than an "equivalent" CP1L

Correct. Might as well throw that one out.

The CP1E has no function block capability? Seriously??? If that is true my local Omron rep is getting a fairly *robust* email from me next week.

Use the CPiL - it does not cost much more and does do FBs if you really want to use them - just not my bag.

Yes, the CP1L is a great little PLC, in my opinion. As for FB's, I hear what you are saying, but I do like them when it comes to doing lots or repetitive things, and you can just drop a "black box" into the code. Also I like to use the odd ST function block too, when the equivalent ladder logic would be a bit unintuitive to look at. (I have to consider other people looking at the program, and not just myself.)

From one old pfhaart to another, I totally agree. Ladder rules!

Yep - ladder rules. I also have to consider my customers and that is why I do not use FBs - my customers do not understand them at all. I can imagine having a customer on the phone from miles away and trying to explain to them how to make/modify an FB and then stopping the PLC and downloading it. Not possible. I can also imagine trying to explain ST to a customer as well - also not on. Some of my customers are 2 days away by plane - I have to support them and ladder is the only way.

Hello Andy Don't confuse the CP1E with the new CP1LL-E and CP1LM-E. These are CP1L and CP1LM equivalents, but with ethernet in lieu of USB. Pp Edited by ParaffinPower

Hi Pp, I had heard about these new models, but did not know they were released yet, much less know what part number they are, so thanks for that. @BobB & JayAnthony: In my defence from the old pfhaarts, I don't use FB's too much. Fortunately, the customers we sell to have no capability or even intention to interrogate the PLC. The code is occasionally inspected by my in house colleagues though. If I had a situation where code change support was required for a customer 2 days plane journey away, then I absolutely agree. Ladder is the only way.

Andy: Just because I don't use FB and ST, it doesn't mean I can't admire the work of those that do. I have become more comfortable understanding FB and ST because of yours and others examples. Please keep posting good code.

My cheque is in the post Jay.

Just ran in to this. Function blocks, ST and Ethernet. April 3, 2012 OMRON Corporation today announced the release in March of a new group of CP1L CPU units all featuring Ethernet connectivity, the latest additions to its CP series of programmable controllers. CP1L-EL/EM-type programable controllers CP1L-EM-[]D[]-D 6 models CP1L-EL-20D[]-D 3 models Analog option units for CP1L EM/EL-type programable controllers CP1W-[][][]2[][] 3 models Ethernet technology is increasingly being utilized in the factory automation field to facilitate communications between computers and PLCs (programmable controllers). This has resulted in a growing need for Ethernet capability even in programable controllers with 10 to 200 I/O points used in small-scale control applications. The demand for Ethernet as an interface for programable controllers is also rapidly increasing in other fields such as in sewerage monitoring systems and building automation, in which scattered programable controllers in remote locations are monitored by computers through wireless and Ethernet networks. The CP1L-EL/EM-type CPU units released today are programable controllers with built-in Ethernet ports enabling low-cost Ethernet connection and designed to meet a wide variety of Ethernet connectivity needs in a wide range of fields. The ability to send and receive messages means it is possible for a host computer to monitor the status of controllers and also receive feedback from the controllers about any onsite abnormalities they detect. The controllers also feature socket communications capability meaning it is possible to connect them with a wide variety of Ethernet-enabled control equipment. The added function block memory (10K steps) improves reusability of user program assets and supports design standardization. The function blocks aid efficient creation of reusable programs used in various devices such as ladder programs used for Ethernet communications. All the CP1L-EL/EM-type CPU units incorporate two analog inputs meaning that stand-alone CPU units can handle various applications such as monitoring for fluid level detection. For applications that require more than two analog inputs, up to six analog inputs and four analog outputs can be controlled by mounting analog option units without the need for an expansion unit. Features All "CP1L-EM" and "CP1L-EL" CPU unit feature Ethernet ports. CP1L-EM/EL employ Ethernet technology to meet communication needs over different protocols simultaneously and to allow easy connection for remote access. Pulse output for two axes for advanced high-precision positioning control. Controlling is simple with function block or standard functions without the need for special motion boards or expansion units. Additionally, thanks to high-speed serial ports, CP1L units are capable of performing simple motion control tasks. High-speed single-phase four axis counters are standard. Multi axis control can be carried out easily with one control device. Two serial communication ports. Option boards can be selected for either RS-232C or RS-485 communications. RS-232C or RS-422A/485 communications ports can be added to CPU units (not available for the L10-type) to connect components such as inverters. The Structured Text (ST) language makes calculation functions easier to execute. Ladder programming still remains the easiest language for many people to use, but for more complex mathematical calculations 'Structured Text' language can be more suitable and easy to use. Product Lineup Programmable Controller CP1L CPU Units CPU Unit Model Specifications CP1L-EM type CP1L-EM40DR-D Memory capacity: 10K steps Built-in I/O points: 40 CP1L-EM40DT-D CP1L-EM40DT1-D CP1L-EM30DR-D Memory capacity: 10K steps Built-in I/O points: 30 CP1L-EM30DT-D CP1L-EM30DT1-D CP1L-EL type CP1L- EL20DR-D Memory capacity: 5K steps Built-in I/O points: 20 CP1L- EL20DT-D CP1L- EL20DT1-D Analog Option Units for CP1L-EM/EL Product type Model Specifications Analog Input Option Board CP1W-ADB21 2 analog inputs 0-10V (Resolution: 1/4000), 0-20mA (Resolution: 1/2000) Analog Output Option Board CP1W-DAB21V 2 analog outputs 0-10V (Resolution: 1/4000) Analog I/O Option Board CP1W-MAB221? 2 analog inputs 0-10V (Resolution: 1/4000), 0-20mA (Resolution: 1/2000) 2 analog outputs 0-10V (Resolution: 1/4000) P081-E1-01 CP1L-EM-EL.pdf P82-E1-01 CP1L Brochure.pdf W516-E1-01 CP1L-EL(M) UsersManual.pdf