Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

NS5 HMI transfer of data

9 posts in this topic

Hello, Am having trouble transfering screen data from Designer to a NS5 HMI screen I am transfering from a laptop using a serial port converter via a Omron S002 connection lead. Maybe it dosnt like the serial port converter. Would appreciate any help. Thanks. Peter

I would use the direct USB connection if you have the cable. It is a standard Type A to Type B cable (Slave USB port on NS). When you plug it in and your PC asks for the driver, point to the C:\Program Files\OMRON\Drivers\USB\PLC_NS folder if you have a newer version of CX-One. If you do not, it might be in the C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Server\USB\XP folder. Then just make sure to choose USB for your comms method when transferring. The USB connection is much faster also. Good luck. Edited by Michael Walsh

Hello Peter, You may be correct about the converter. Have you successfully used this converter in the past? Omron recommends the CS1W-CIF31 unit. Several posters here have used this converter without problem. Other than that, make sure you are using the most up to date drivers for your converter. What operating system is on your computer? What version of CX-Designer are you using? Not much help, but may point us in a direction.

Also, if you are trying to use a serial cable, it is not a standard PC cable. You need to use an Omron specific cable. Edited by Michael Walsh

Hey Mike, In the original post it is indicated the cable is an Omron S002. I took that to mean XW2Z-S002. It should be the correct cable. I did not think about USB. Has USB always worked on the NS series? Thanks!

Many Thanks Guys, I have had trouble before when I did a lot of work on Supervisor. I could connect via Host Link using com port 1 old type pc but could never connect using a serial port converter using a laptop. Will try the USB lead does any one know if Omron does one. You was right I am using the XW2Z 002 lead. Regards Peter. PS not sure if this is a coinsedence but when I go to transfer to PT in Designer the communication box shoes nothing ie is empty so I cant select type of communication is this because Designer is not picking up the serial port.

Peter, Omron may have a cable, but you should be able to get one locally. This is simply a USB printer cable, nothing special. Please see the attached file. This is where you would set the comm method. Choose PT\Transfer\Transfer Setting. You should see the dialog box in the attachment. You should be able to choose USB from the pull down. Hope this will help.

Ah, I see now that I missed this. My bad. I belive the USB port has always worked. It definitely has for many years now anyway.

Once again many thanks. Am just getting my head around Designer and NS Screens so no doubt more woes to come. Thought I might have to get my company to purchase a CS1W-CIF31 but will just get a normal USB lead and try that. Regards Peter